Patients' Guide to DI and IVF Clinics
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) was set up in 1991 to licence and regulate clinics which provide:
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) treatment.
- Donor Insemination (DI) treatment.
- Gamete Intra Fallopian Transfer (GIFT) where donated sperm or eggs are used in treatment.
- Storage of gametes or embryos.
- Implement the requirements of the European Union Tissue and Cells Directive (EUTCD) to relicense IVF clinics and to license Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) and other services.
Information can be downloaded direct from HFEA website on the following subjects:
- Getting started
- Your Treatment and storage options
- Get support
- How to research clinics and what to expect
- Funding and payment issues
Copies of the Patients' Guides are available on the HFEA website or from the HFEA by calling Tel: 020 7291 8200, or by writing to them at
The Human Fertilisation Authority
10 Spring Gardens